Monday, March 31, 2008

He gave...

The past few weeks our church has been doing a series based on Max Lucado's book 3:16. The services were awesome and you can go here to listen. Here are some thoughts I took away:

  • God is love; it's not something He does, HE IS LOVE.

  • He gave....these are probably the two most powerful words in John 3:16. I don't know how long I've known this verse, but it took my six year old about two seconds to help me understand it! We didn't attend church on Easter because both kids and I were sick. So while we colored eggs, we discussed what Easter is and how John 3:16 relates to it. Joshua kept saying, "he gave, it's about God giving." Right on Little Man, right on.

  • Heaven and Hell- they're real places, with real consequences. My pastor Mike did a great job explaining that heaven is an eternity spent with God and hell is an eternity spent without Him. Sadly I don't remember the last time I sat in a church service that made the distinction clear. It was a great closing to this series.

No comments: