Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Elf on the Shelf


This past weekend I got to meet one of the co-authors of The Elf on the Shelf book. Her name is Carol Aebersold, and she mainly came to speak about her experiences with getting the book published. It is a fascinating story and I was amazed at how God's hand was evident in every step. If you get a chance to hear Carol or her daughter, Chanda Bell, I encourage you to go.


As I've looked back over my notes, I was suprised by how many times Carol talked about praying...to be confident, to overcome obstacles, to seek direction. Her advice was "to bathe everything in prayer." I love the visual of saturating all that we have and all that we desire in prayer; making it pure and clean before God.

1 comment:

Theresa Anderson said...

Bridget,
thanks for this post. It didn't occur to me to do that, but great idea. Love the pic, too!