Thursday, May 7, 2009

National Day of Prayer


Today I went to a prayer service at a local christian school. My friend Tracie was the coordinator and it was so neat to watch the day unfold. Tracie opened the service by talking about how sometimes God puts a seed in your heart, a desire that you have. Our job is to grow that seed, to water it, fertilize it...not dig it up! We need to believe that what God says is true. I so needed to hear that. Too often I let the thoughts and concerns of others sway what I know God has taught me, what He has given me. God's word says in Mark 11:24 "whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." My prayer today is that I will be a pray-er and a believe-er.


Later in the service, another friend shared how God had answered prayers over the course of the past couple of years for she and her family. In the midst of some very scary and life-altering moments for their daughter, she was able to be gut-wrenchingly honest with God. The rawness of knowing God hasn't left you, but feeling like He has, was hard to hear. But even more amazing is that we can actually speak that honestly with our Creator and know that He loves us and He's not forsaken us.


Today I hope that you take some time to pray.

1 comment:

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Bridget,

I've heard it said that we might as well be gut-level honest with God anyway...He already knows how we feel! :)