Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Eight Weeks Later


It's been eight weeks since Every Day Faith was published! I can hardly believe how fast the time went by. God has been so faithful and so much has happened in the short time that I wanted to take a minute and post about some of it. So if you'll indulge me, read on.


The long awaited box was to be delivered on April 1st. There was just one problem-we were leaving town for a few days at 1:00pm sharp. I had convinced myself if the UPS truck didn't arrive before we left I would be o-k. Our neighbors would pick up the box and it would sit unopened until we returned. The problem is I tend to be obsessive-compulsive and I'd been waiting on this day for about 14 months. However, God didn't seem to be moving the UPS driver any closer to my house. I tracked the package on-line and even called them once or twice that day…maybe more. Then it was time to pick up my children, so I left the house. On the way to the school, a UPS Driver pulled into a McDonald's and ran inside. I seriously considered pulling behind the truck and rummaging through the packages to see if I could find the box! I'm pretty sure my kids were scared at this point.


Here's what we found waiting on the table when we got home! Love me some Big Brown trucks. I worked at UPS for several years and well, they deliver! Very quickly we celebrated and then I rode in the car for the next several hours just holding my first published Bible study. It's too cool and very humbling.




In the weeks that have passed, two charter groups have finished the study. The feedback and comments have been very encouraging. Two other groups are working on it through the summer. It's truly an honor to hear how God is using the study to change people's lives, all for His glory.



No comments: