Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Deeper Still

This past weekend I had the privilege to attend Deeper Still in Atlanta with some girlfriends! We had a blast together; some girls I've known for a long time, some I've known for a little bit, but definitely all that I know better, deeper still now. Thank you God. I needed the retreat from the everyday stuff and it was wonderful.
I've been contemplating the whole weekend and what I should post about. There was incredible teaching from Priscilla Shirer (my personal favorite), Kay Arthur and Beth Moore. Praise and worship with Travis Cottrell, the LPL worship team and MANDISA! And 19,000 women from all over! You can go here, The All Access blog, from LifeWay and read some great posts about the teaching. Below are a few of my favorite WORDS from the weekend:

Priscilla Shirer

  • Be exposed before the Lord; expect Him to heal you; open up!
  • Fully and practically engage in surrender, obedience
  • Practical obedience-saying yes without knowing the specifics
  • True discernment is not just knowing right from wrong; but knowing right from almost right
  • Quiet Time is not an hour of a day, but when the Word is engrained in our lives and we live it out.
Kay Arthur
  • God is moving on Earth; not mother nature
  • It is not the desire of God to bring judgement, but rather the necessity of His character.
  • Marriage is a covenant-figure out how to live it out, glorifying God.
  • Your ministry is on the other side of believing you've been purified.

Beth Moore

  • Quiet Time is my personal time with God; not my preparation for study time.
  • Marriage-make a deliberate choice to keep falling in love with your husband and keep doing it
  • Some people don't want to be delivered; pray for their "want to" to change.

I am a huge note taker, so I have lots more, but these were my favorites. Thinking back over the weekend, God gave me one big take-away lesson-Everyday is an opportunity to go Deeper Still; don't miss it, make the most of it!

No comments: