Thursday, July 24, 2008

Faith Zone Challenge #1

The first faith challenge that Tracie Miles gave us was to have a consistent quiet time with God for 30 minutes. Thankfully I've been working through a devotional for my quiet time this summer, so consistency was the challenge for me. As I said in my earlier post today, the summer is erratic and I seem to make a series of spontaneous decisions daily! The kids have constant questions about what we're doing, what we're eating, can we go here and there, etc, etc. Mostly these things are simple, but the volume sometimes wears me down!

In my devotional the last couple of days, the scripture passages have been in Luke 5 and Jesus is very busy. He's teaching, preaching, healing and he's providing food! Many are hearing about all that Jesus is doing and are coming to see him too. In this constant parade of people in need, Jesus isn't worn down. He continues to be loving and gracious towards everyone.
So what is the key to responding in love and grace as Jesus did? The last verse for today's devotional holds the answer, I think. It's verse 16 and it says "but Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed." Prayer-it's the tank filler, the power that enables us to be Christlike.
Now if I can just find a lonely place; maybe a closet with a lock (at least until school starts!)

1 comment:

B His Girl said...

Hi Bridget,

I read a few of your post and I can relate. In the summer, quiet time looks different but God works with us on that. I wish I had been at Deeper Still. I enjoy Beth. I have not heard Pricilla or Kaye at a conference. Thanks for sharing moments that stuck with you! I was going to do the faith zone challenge but I am at a work related conference with my husband. I was not able to be in communication with the www the whole time. I have shared my faith with two people today. They were believers. They asked to hear my story. I am flying home this afternoon. Maybe I will sit by the third person....I am a Christian speaker. I have been speaking actively for two years. Where are you in the process?