Monday, February 9, 2009

Going Beyond

This weekend I went to a women's conference called Going Beyond with Priscilla Shirer. It was such a fun event and very inspiring. Priscilla taught about living the "Interrupted Life". I'll post more about that later, once I've had some time to process it all. For now, let me just tell you about my Saturday afternoon, just after the conference ended and how God had me immediately practice what He'd taught us!

On my way home, I realized that I had developed a rash on my chin and upper neck. It had really started to itch. When I got home, my husband reminded me that our daughter had the same looking rash the week before and ended up with strep throat. My son and husband had also had strep throat the week before, but I had somehow escaped it! Really I did not want to spend the rest of my Saturday sitting in a doctor's office, but that's exactly what I did. No strep throat, but some steroids would be needed for the rash. I still have no idea what caused all this craziness, but it cracked me up that God would allow me the opportunity to so quickly experience an interruption.

No comments: