Monday, March 22, 2010

Lead Me to the Cross

This song has been on my mind and my heart for a few weeks. If I'm not singing it to myself, I'm hearing it in the car. It has become a prayer for me. Lead Me To the Cross is a strong reminder that whatever we're dealing with, whatever we need to let go of, whatever we need to be delivered from is worth it. Jesus hung on a cross to cover these things, all of them.

I realize that it's easier said than done sometimes. We get scared. We don't want anyone to know. We can't see how it will work out, but God can and will help. He will not embarass us. In fact the verses below say, He will honor us. Trust Him.

"So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honor you. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you." 1 Peter 5:6,7 NLT