Monday, March 1, 2010

Temporary Home

Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood is one of my favorites by her. Besides the fact that her voice is amazing, the message in the song is so powerful. (She gives some insight on the story and the writing of the song here. )

Sometimes when I hear it, it makes me sad. I think about my friends in Puerto Rico that I met on a mission trip. Many of them are in the last place they'll live on this Earth. It's not a personal home but a women's shelter. Having an eternal perspective, though, can bring much hope in what may seem hopeless right now.

Sometimes when I hear it, I raise my hands and say Praise God! It's so amazing to think about the generosity and grace of God and how much more He has for us in eternity. It reminds me not to hold tightly to the fragile things of this world, but to cling to my Rock, my God. This stuff here-it really is just temporary.

No comments: