Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Father God


Recently as I was praying, it occurred to me that I open my prayer time most often with "Father God". That's how I start talking to Jesus. No one else gets that greeting. No one else can be both Father and God to me.


Don't get me wrong. I have a wonderful earthly Father that I call Daddy. He's great, but he's not Father God and I don't expect him to be. Daddy loves me, cracks me up and most often I'm accused of being just like him.


Father God is both my Daddy and my God. The One that I can run to, sit with and know that I'm loved unconditionally. We can laugh, cry and talk over anything. He's also the One who is all-powerful, all-knowing and is my defender, my advocate. It's an amazing gift to have and I don't ever want it to just roll off my tongue and take it for granted. He is Father God.

How do you greet Him? I'd love to know...

No comments: