Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stubbornness



"They're not going to listen, so why should I bother?" I've said that statement hundreds of times. It's very frustrating when you try to convince someone of the right thing to do, but they are stubborn. They won't listen. I'll just be wasting my time.


I read a very similar story in the book of Ezekiel this week. God calls Ezekiel in chapter two to speak to the Israelites. The Israelites are described as rebellious, obstinate and stubborn. Ezekiel is not to be afraid of them or what they say. I think this may have very well been Ezekiel's WHY BOTHER? moment. Seriously, he knows they're not going to listen, they're not going to like him and will probably threaten him. The key is found in verse 7. It says, "You must speak my words to them…." God's words are healing, transforming, convincing, freeing and truth. It's not about what Ezekiel would do, but what God wants done.


Left to my own choices, my words would irritate and aggravate a situation also. Today I'm not going to be stubborn either, but do exactly what God asks of me-share His word and His truth.


"It is the same with my word, I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to." Isaiah 55:11NLT

No comments: