Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day



So how was your Valentine's Day? Did you get some roses? Or some chocolate candy? Or enjoy a special dinner out with your valentine? I did get some roses and candy, but the special dinner just didn't happen. My husband is traveling today, so we tried to go out this weekend. It didn't happen. We did manage to watch the movie RED, so that was some sweet time together. We'll have to have a special dinner out sometime soon.


I decided to make a special meal for our children tonight. Nothing fancy, just spaghetti and meatballs-their favorite. Since Steve is gone, we'd have our dinner, eat some chocolate cake and celebrate our family. The day started off well. Steve got everything ready and headed to the airport. I started on my errands and making a list for the grocery store. Then the school called. The little man was sick.


My daughter had softball practice and the little man was supposed to have baseball practice tonight as well. It became apparent that this day was not going to happen as planned. Normally I would just throw in the towel and say forget it. Not tonight- We had meatball sandwiches and ate leftover cake! We did it together and it was sweet. Our children know that we love each other and that we love them. That's a pretty good Valentine's Day if you ask me.


I hope you know that you are loved too. If no one told you today, then let God tell you. Check out these scripture verses and walk in God's love-the best kind.


Psalm 103:17-18, John 3:16, Jeremiah 31:3, John 15:9, Colossians 3:12

No comments: