Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Timely Question


Today I finished a lesson in the Bible study, Jonah, by Priscilla Shirer. At the end of the lesson, Priscilla asked the question, " When you face dire circumstances, do you normally feel hopeful...?" I so did not want to respond...at least not kindly to that question, not today, not this week.


This week, almost without exception, every unexpected phone call or e-mail was bad news. Job changes were coming and they weren't very favorable. Sweet friends, the girlfriends for life kind, are facing tough battles with cancer. Family members are wrestling with painful decisions. While other family members are planning the funeral of their father and grandfather. Frankly it all stinks and I'm not feeling very hopeful. Not today anyway.


Today I want to stuff my face with chocolate, crawl back in bed and wake up next week.

Sorry for the ranting, the hopeful me will be back shortly.

No comments: