Friday, December 23, 2011

With






"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us." Matthew 1:23




Today I found myself humming a Christmas song that talks about Immanuel, God with us. It's my favorite name of God. It reminds me that I'm never alone, never without His presence.


Just typing that seems unreal, impossible even. It's not. Jesus came to Earth to be with us and when He left, God sent the Holy Spirit to be with us.



"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- " John 14:16




This time of year it's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle, shopping, running to parties, and planning meals for all the guests. Sometimes we miss the point of being with each other.


We miss the reason that Jesus came-- to be with us. Be intentional this Christmas about spending time with Jesus and with your loved ones. It's the real reason we celebrate Christmas.



Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: