Monday, February 13, 2012

More Than


Recently I memorized a verse as part of reading through the book Made to Crave. I was dealing with cutting out some bad eating habits and the book was a great help to getting my mind wrapped around the spiritual impact of committing the struggle to God and applying His truth to it. The verse is Romans 8:37 and it says,


"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."


I shared with my Bible study group that I would actually say out loud, NO, when I felt tempted and then quote the rest of the verse. It was definitely a powerful way to confront the issue.


Last week I woke up with the verse running through my head. That's when it hit me. I kept thinking of the verse in light of being victorious, beating the temptation. That's great, but there is more…Look at it again.


"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."


God's Word isn't just promising us victory, it's more than that. It's the ability to move on from what we've conquered. The New Living Translation of the verse says overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. I need that reminder today. The power of Jesus living in us makes us more than.


I am more than a conqueror over my desire for sweet food.


I am more than a conqueror over feeling ill-equipped.


I am more than a conqueror over my impatience.


I am more than a conqueror over ________________________. (You fill in the blank!)

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I came by your blog today and even though I read this when you first wrote it...I needed to read it again today. :) God bless your day!