Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Believe

One of my favorite things to do during the Christmas holidays is to watch Christmas movies. The old ones, the new ones, dvds or on tv. I know they're mostly sappy, chick flicks, but it makes me happy to curl up with a warm blanket, a fire and watch a good story.



This year I noticed a theme in the ones I watched. Almost without exception the main character was told to believe, they had to believe or nothing they wanted would come true. The belief was in something mythical and magical. Of course by the end of each movie, they believed.


As much as these movies are good, they miss the true meaning of Christmas. The baby Jesus came for you and me that we might believe in Him and have a life with Him forever. John 20:31 says these things were written that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name. (NIV) I believe Jesus came as a baby to Earth, grew to a man, died on a cross and rose again to redeem me, to save me and to live with me forever. And He did it for you too. The question is Do You Believe?

Enjoy Natalie Grant singing a beautiful song about this very thing.

No comments: