Monday, October 12, 2009

Revival


I read this article today. The title was "Why We Don't Have Revival" and it rattled my cage a little, in a good way!


You see I'm a person who thrives on routine. I like to have a plan and follow it. I like to make decisions and work them out. Change doesn't upset me so long as I know about it and can fit it into the plans. (That last statement almost sounds ludicrous, but it's the truth for me.) When I think about my spiritual life and how I want my faith to grow and become more and more a part of my everyday life, then change is inevitable. And well I already told you how I feel about change, so what's a girl to do?


In his article, Mr. McKeever, says "By "revival," we mean an across-the-board movement of the Holy Spirit as He touches hearts, changes minds, melts pride, and transforms sinners. In a revival, the hearts of God's people are broken in repentance and humility, the Lord's people come together in love and service, and the Lord's work of ministry and giving and witnessing and missions moves forward at warp speed."


If you ask me if I want that "revival" I'm going to say a big ole Yes! But do I really? Certainly that kind of revival means my cage is going to be rattled, my life unsettled and CHANGE is going to happen. I think what this girl is going to do is pray to want it…ask God to help me want revival. Amen.


Do you want revival? You can read Mr. McKeever's full article here.

3 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Bridget, thanks for coming by. I will be home this coming weekend for a special occasion & I hope to see you there. Hopefully, you know what I mean! :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Bridget, I'll just be at the party on Sat. night, so I hope I can see all of you. Wanda will be with me too. I'm leaving Sunday a.m. to come back to B'ham.

Elaine said...

Just the excerpt on revival was enough to wet my appetite for the entire article. Planning on reading it.