Thursday, December 17, 2009

For God so loved...

John 3:16-I've known this verse for as long as I can remember. If you grew up in church or have been around it for any time, you probably have it memorized also. Say it with me...


"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

As I looked at the verse again this week, it occurred to me that I've always thought of it in light of Jesus' crucifixon-He gave His life for me and for you. That's a true statement. However, the giving of His life began when Jesus took on flesh and entered this world.

And the reason He did was because He loves us. I'm so thankful that in my quest to remember this Christmas season why He came, that Jesus gave me fresh perspective straight from His word! How sweet is that? Ask Him and He'll do the same for you!

No comments: