Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone

I spent a good portion of this past week praying with family and friends who are all in difficult circumstances this Christmas. Financial struggles, relationship issues, health concerns and a host of other prayers were lifted high to our Savior this week. On a particularly hard day, I decided to venture out on an errand and hopefully gain a fresh perspective. It was windy, rainy and cold. As I pulled into a parking spot, I wondered if my trip was really necessary. People were running with their carts and bags getting soaked. Surely this could wait another day. Then it happened…I watched a man jump out of his car, take his umbrella and run over to a lady pushing her cart through the rain with all her purchases. He walked all the way to the end of the lot, holding his umbrella over her, to keep her from getting drenched! It made me smile and I'm sure it did the lady too.

As I got back home, I thanked God for the fresh perspective. He provides what we need, when we need it. He's always with us.

"…And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace…." (Isaiah 9:6b)

My prayer for you this Christmas and in the New Year is that you see Jesus. When you need wisdom or encouragement, He is your Counselor. When you need an advocate, someone in your corner, He is your Mighty God. When you need to be loved and comforted, He is your Father. And when you need to be settled and secure, He is your Prince of Peace. Look for Him, Your Emmanuel, He is with you.

No comments: