Friday, February 19, 2010

Crazy Love


I started reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan about two months ago. It was so good to me, that I wouldn't read it unless I could fully concentrate and not be interrupted. I recently finished it, and if you haven't read it, you should. (Of course, that's just my opinion and worth nothing.)


However, I wish I could show you my copy. Pages are marked up and written all over with my thoughts about what Mr. Chan says and my personal convictions. His writing was so fresh, and raw that I found myself not wanting to finish the book. It is genuine and in your face about how we, as Christians, should be living our lives.


This post was going to include some of my favorite quotes from the book that would hopefully entice you to read it also. But there's no way I can narrow it down and not just re-publish his book! So in Francis Chan's own words, here's what you'll find in the preface (yes even the preface is that good) on page 21:


"This book is written for those who want more Jesus. It is for those who are bored with what American christianity offers. It is for those who don't want to plateau, those who would rather die before their convictions do."


I love that he says "more Jesus", and not more of, or more from. Simply more Jesus. If that describes you, go get it. And if you've already read it, please let me know your favorite part(s).


PS...no one asked me to talk about this book, I just wanted to, because I really enjoyed reading it. For me, that's good, because I seriously do not read a lot of books, outside of the BIBLE!

No comments: