Monday, February 22, 2010

What Do I Know of Holy

Here's Music Monday introducing "What Do I Know of Holy" by Addison Road. My husband introduced me to this song a couple of months ago. I'm still not sure that I've heard it on the radio, but we got the cd and it's being played often in my car and on my ipod. I love the words and the arrangement-it's just beautiful. The whole cd for that matter is really good.

Lately this song has caused me to think about how we can get into a mode of just doing this thing called life and forget about God. Especially when life is going well, we may tend to live like we think that it's our ability or our intelligence that's at work. Recently I've also had tough conversations about how life isn't going quite so well and the wonder of what God is up to. Either way the focus gets off of who God is and on to what we're doing.


This song is a great reminder that we have a God who is very powerful, ever present, mighty and just. His grace and mercy are matchless. I'm not sure how much I know about holy. It probably barely scratches the surface. But I do know the One who is Holy and that's worth remembering every day. What do you think?

No comments: